The museums focuses on 2 main subjects: “stone documents“ and stone craftmanship. Stone documents include stones with Roman inscriptions, statues etc, including an altar for the Godess Epona with the first written mentioning of the name Salodurum (Solothurn). Toolings and workpieces demonstrate the Solotghurn stone craftmanship. The museum is well suited for blind visitors.
It also offers a new iGuide to 11 “stone places of interetst“ in 4 languages. Recently the “Solothurn Megalith Roundtrip“, starting at Schloss Waldegg, was established.
- Crafts / Gold / jewelry / fashion
- Historical Museum
- With own cafeteria
- Also recommended for children
- Also recommended for school classes (special offers)
Access for disabled people
- Information available in Braille
- Reduction for families
- Member of Verband der Museen der Schweiz VMS